- the information we collect, use and share about you when you use any of our software products (or their Components) (the “Products”) (which for clarity, include SKY WORK, but exclude SKY ECC), the Sky websites (the “Website”), and their associated services (collectively, the “Services”) and why we collect it;
- how we use and share that information; and
- some of the features that we have built into the Services to protect your privacy.
We work very hard to preserve your privacy and security, and we do our best to be as transparent as possible in explaining how we use your data in providing our Services. Please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we get from your use of the Website and Services.
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Information that is provided automatically through your device (“Logged Information”)
Logged Information is device-specific information such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser, language, and wireless or mobile network information, if applicable; and the date and time that you submit data to us, or receive data from us.
When you access our Website, we collect your IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data. We also collect data using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website may not function properly.
- Information that you manually submit to us (“Submitted Information”)
When you register for an account for any of the Products, we receive your name, username, phone number and email address. If we ask for and you provide any other personal information, we will receive that information as well. Depending on your settings, we may also collect information about your location through your device’s GPS functionality. However, if you are using an enterprise version of our products, your Company may require you to keep such GPS functionality enabled.
Submitted Information also includes information that you provide to us through the Website, whether by contacting us directly through our contact page, or signing up to receive emails or communications from Sky.
If you need to provide payment information, we use encrypted technology to process your payment through our third-party payment processor, which means we never have access to your credit card or payment details.
- Information from your third parties (“Third-Party Information”) and from your Company (“Company Information”)
Company Information. If you are using an enterprise version for any of the Products, in order to provide the Services to you, your account will be connected to other accounts in the same company (“your Company”). Your Company will provide us with the following information: Company name, Company address, Company email addresses, Company administration contact information, Company user emails and device information (including device type and the name of the device owner), and the title and department of each of its users.
- Information about your use of Services (“Use Information”)
In addition to Logged Information, we also collect information about your use of our Services, including, but not limited to your frequency of use, including how long you spend using the Services. This information is not collected in a manner that is personally identifiable to you.
The Logged Information, Submitted Information, Third-Party Information, Company Information, and Use Information, together, is the “Collected Information”.
INFORMATION WE DO NOT COLLECT
When accessing the Services, all User Content is saved on your device and not on our servers. Our servers store the encrypted User Content that you send to and receive from other users only long enough to ensure their delivery. Undelivered messages are deleted after 48 hours. Such data is fully end-to-end encrypted with keys, which are, at all the time, in your sole possession. We have no ability to view, monitor, access, or decrypt messages sent between Sky Work users.
You are the only one with access to your User Content. You can securely share or delete information at any time. Deleting User Content from your device eliminates all of the encrypted records from our servers, your phone, and all of the devices of your Sky Work mobile contacts. Deleted messages cannot be recovered.
We do not preserve or maintain copies of any content sent by you to another user, including text messages, photographs, or videos.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Provide, improve and develop our Services. We compile statistics (the “Aggregate Data”) based on the Collected Information. Aggregate Data does not include information that is personally identifiable to you, or any User Content. We use both Collected Information and Aggregate Data to deliver and enhance our Services.
Communicate with you. We may use the Collected Information to communicate with you:
- in response to a request by you for customer or technical support;
- to inform you of any changes in our Services;
- to inform you of enhanced features related to the Services that you may wish to subscribe to or purchase;
- to request feedback about the Services or for other legitimate business purposes;
Compliance. We may use or share the Collected Information to enforce our Terms of Service, or in response to a validly issued legal order, from a jurisdiction with proper authority over Sky, and only to the extent that the law requires. To protect our customers’ rights, we scrutinize all requests to ensure that they comply with the law. Sky does not respond to requests from law enforcement agencies outside of Canada unless the legal process has been supplied under a mutual legal assistance treaty or letters rogatory.
Communicate with your Company. If you are using an enterprise version of any of the Services, we may also use the Collected Information to communicate with your Company about the use and status of its enrolled devices, including but not limited to compliance with our Terms of Service, the geo-location of a device, and the use of other approved applications on the device.
The legal basis for the processing of the Collected Information is:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract that you or your Company have entered into with us, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests in running our business effectively, which we pursue where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your data.
- You may also give us your consent to certain processing activity.
If you reside in the European Union, you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request the correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to the processing of their personal information. Depending on the nature of your objection, and our legal basis and need for processing such information, we may make the decision to continue to process your personal information.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Withdrawing consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be advised that if you exercise these rights, you may not be able to access or use any or all of the Services that we provide.
RELATED PARTY, SALE ETC.
We may in our discretion share or sell the Aggregate Data with our merchants, partners, vendors, service providers, or other business entities for business or commercial reasons.
SAFETY & SECURITY FEATURES
We store, use, and maintain the Collected Information and Aggregate Data using procedures designed to limit its loss, theft, or unauthorized access, use, modification, copying or disclosure. When you enter your login authentication on the Sky Work App, we encrypt the transmission of that information between the app and the server. We provide physical electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the Collected Information and Aggregate Data. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our Services. As well, when applicable, we have contracts in place with our third-party suppliers that obligate such suppliers to protect the confidentiality of the Collected Information and Aggregate Data. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your information and having a strong password that you’ve not used in other places is important. Collected Information is stored on secure servers in Canada.
To meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we hold your information while you have an account with us, and for a period of time after that. We do not hold personal information for any longer than is necessary.
WHEN THIS POLICY APPLIES
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions, please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com.