VP of Technology
Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
SKY GLOBAL is looking for a driven and motivated VP of Technology who can help us deliver outstanding Technical and Architectural expertise to the organization. Working closely with the VP of Product, you will lead your team to develop software that is secure, scalable, and performs at a high level following industry best practices. You’ll develop and build roadmaps for both our technical vision as well as the management of the Development team.
You are passionate about new technologies and well rounded in many aspects of software development. Ideally, you’ve grown to a VP level position so you can interact with and understand cross-functional teams in order to collaborate effectively at all levels. You specialize in growing, coaching, and motivating people.
You’re a true leader who excels at problem-solving, communication, and finding ways to get things done.
What you will be doing:
- Build a strong engineering culture
- Establish SKY GLOBAL’s technical vision and ensure excellent technical decision-making across the organization
- Ensure that the right tools are in place for efficient productivity – you are continually searching for new ways to improve performance by ensuring that the right technology is in place every step of the way
- Develop processes to strengthen architectural and technical decision making
- Work with the executive team as a technical stakeholder guiding our product roadmaps
- Develop consistent standards and development practices across the organization
- Own the development team’s performance review and career development process
- Work with the QA team on automation strategy
- Work closely with the Product, QA, and IT Teams on SDLC process improvements
- Articulate strategic direction to the senior development team to facilitate day-to-day execution needed to achieve goals
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing and VP of Product to ensure alignment of efforts
- Engage and align top talent through talent attraction, mentoring, and hands-on software engineering leadership
- Collaborate with the Director of People & Culture to create a long-term hiring plan and succession planning to ensure that Engineering is resourced to achieve organizational goals
- Collaborate with the leadership team and your peers to standardize consistent practices and quality measures to deliver the highest levels of quality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Inspire your teams
- Seek development opportunities and mentor team leads to excel and grow in their roles
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field
- You are a well-respected technology leader with 10+ years of leadership experience
- You are committed to consistently achieving results, demonstrating high performance and accountability for yourself and the development team
- You lead with empathy, humility, and with an openness to learn from others
- Thoroughly understand and have experience with Agile software development methodologies, including a strong partnership with product management
- Strong operational and management skills with a track record of on-time delivery and consistently meeting project deadlines
- Experience working cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Customer Success organizations
- Demonstrated great judgment in complex multivariable situations
- Coding experience with sufficient programming knowledge to contribute as needed and establish credibility with other developers
- Innovative, passionate people leader able to assess, recruit, as well as develop the capacity and capabilities of the people on your team, and your team as a whole
- Experience leading diverse teams (Development, DevOps, QA), including the use of 3rd party resources
- Monitor and manage execution against sprint and release plans across multiple concurrent development initiatives in conjunction with the product team
- Knowledgeable in scalable application design principles and relational database architectures
- Strong business acumen
- Experience establishing and managing a financial budget, including making trade-offs in prioritizing projects
- Experience working in a start-up, high tech, or high growth company
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people