Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a software technology company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch and rebrand multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
SKY GLOBAL is looking for an experienced, creative, and team-driven UI Designer. Reporting to the Senior Creative Manager, the UI Designer will be responsible for developing creative assets for the marketing team and help our product teams develop.
What you will be doing:
- Develop concepts to final production files for various digital products including:
- Campaign collateral
- Google display ads
- Social media
- Internal communication collateral
- PowerPoint presentations
- Digital advertisements
- Email and video graphics
- Conceptualize and create a range of wireframes, mock-ups, presentations, and graphics for various web and mobile application projects that support marketing efforts for all SKY GLOBAL brands
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Creative Leads to produce user experiences that support the company goals while considering the end-user
- Design for varied instances such as websites, email campaigns, intranets and client portals, interactive displays, mobile devices, and desktop
- Meet all brand, timing, budget, and other project objectives
- Develop design patterns, components, and style guides for product development
- Self-manage project responsibilities and timelines
- Keeps up to date with design/tech trends and ever-evolving social tools
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for various projects to ensure an integrated concept is executed
- Maintain a consistent brand tone and graphic standard across all materials
- Maintain up-to-date proficiency in professional design applications and technology related to all aspects of digital design
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience as a UI designer, or similar role
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, motion design, digital media, web design, or other relevant experience
- Have an online portfolio of work demonstrating successful UI design
- Superior proficiency in Adobe Create Suite and programs such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and Smart Slider
- Excellent knowledge of graphic design principles, digital design principles, and web standards
- Past experience building prototypes of iOS and Android applications
- Understanding of responsive website design best practices
- Understanding of the object model design framework
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Motion design and video editing is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
- Very strong attention to detail
It would be nice if you had
- Experience working within the enterprise world or building full-featured applications (web or otherwise)
- Knowledge of modern, cross-browser CSS and standards-compliant HTML
- Experience using JIRA in an agile environment
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people