Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Are you a systems administration expert with sharp problem-solving skills? SKY GLOBAL is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our growing IT team. You will be providing tier 2 support and participating in mission critical projects. There are new challenges and learning opportunities every day!
What you will be doing:
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Assist in the provisioning of virtual servers, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems (Linux/Windows)
- Participate in IT projects by understanding project objectives and scope, following project milestones, phases, and elements, sharing technical expertise, and providing recommendations
- Perform day to day operational activities, including server building and administration, system patching and upgrade, backup, DR replication, recovery, clusters and high-availability environments, and data center management
- Build and maintain variousPowerShell and Bash scripts to automate and manage end user devices
- Work in collaboration with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met
- Collaborate with the help desk team to assist with root cause identification, troubleshooting and technical support as needed.
- Must be available to participate in rotating emergency on-call support and weekend projects.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, computer technology, or related subject
- 5+ years of practical administration experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS) and Windows as a server platform
- 5+ years of practical administration experience in virtualized environments (VMWare, Hyper-V, P2V/V2V migration)
- Hands on experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Group Policy, Office 365 Hybrid environment.
- Experience implementing high-availability application deployments with scaling, clustering, and load balancing, and knowledge of how those requirements inform the deployment strategy.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes, such as report generation, data verification, and data correlation.
- Hands on knowledge of configuration management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Knowledge of deployment automation in physical and virtual environments
- Experience in scripting – Bash, PowerShell, Python, or other scripting language
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes: work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Experience managing HA clustering, scalability, and load balancing.
- Log management (Syslog, Splunk, Fluentd, Kibana)
Bonus points for:
- ITILv3 Foundation or equivalent experience
- Experience with formal change management procedures
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration layers (LXC, docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, Git, Ansible etc.)
- Experience with multi-datacenter architectures
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people