Social Media Coordinator
Sky Global is seeking a social media coordinator to drive engagement across various social platforms for an upcoming mobile shopping app. The social media coordinator will be an integral part of the Marketing team establishing the brand presence and building buzz for our new shopping app ahead of its launch later this year, and growing the brand awareness of our existing products. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the social media coordinator will:
- Manage a variety of social profiles—Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.—and drive engagement with the goal of promoting a new shopping app launching this year
- Responsible for monitoring the social channels of other Sky Global products and forwarding threads to other members of the marketing team for responses.
- Conducting influencer outreach and PR for Sky Global products. This will include distributing press kits and being a first point of contact for media inquiries.
- In-depth knowledge of social media best practices
- In-depth knowledge of main social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience building social media communities and building an engaged follower base
- Experience building and maintaining follower growth
- Experience using HootSuite or similar social media management tools
- Basic graphics skills for creating shareable content
- Experience building consumer brands online
- Experience promoting apps
- Blogging, podcasting, or video experience
- Experience using WordPress
Experience: 1-2 years This is a full-time role based in our downtown Vancouver office. Sky Global offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical/dental, paid vacation, and other perks. If you are interested in this position please click Apply to submit your resume and cover letter.