Senior Full-Stack Developer
Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a software technology company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Are you passionate about building leading-edge products with clean, well-tested, secure code? Sky Global is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Developer with expertise in Java, C#, or Python.
Reporting to the VP of Technology, you will have the opportunity to own key business components and build them from scratch in an agile development environment. You will also play an integral role within a team by providing high-quality technical deliverables and mentoring junior developers. We would like you to work closely with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and execute our vision and strategies.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Build and maintain business functionalities on the server-side using Java/Spring boot and microservices architecture
- Mentor junior developers on the team and perform pair programming with them
- Ensure the code follows best practices and architecture designs by code review and refactoring
- Prepare reports and other documentation as required
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related subject
- 8+ years of recent experience in software development in Java
- Hands-on experience with microservices architecture pattern and writing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Server-side software development and hands-on experience working with various technologies, particularly Java/Spring Boot/JPA/Hibernate stack
- Familiar with Java build tools such as Maven, Gradle
- Comfortable with the TDD development process and hands-on experience in writing testing code at different levels using frameworks like Junit, Mockito RestAssured, etc.
- Deep understanding of OO design principles and design patterns
- Experience with J2EE servers/containers such as Tomcat
- Knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, MSSQL, etc.
- Deep knowledge in version control systems (Git)
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and reside locally in Greater Vancouver – our office is based in Downtown Vancouver
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Friendly company culture and fun events
- Mentorship and opportunities for growth
- Dynamic work environment with a great group of people