Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a software technology company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Sky Global is looking for a Security Analyst to serve as a technical subject matter expert in a challenging role. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be an integral part of an IT team who is responsible for proactively identifying weaknesses, and ensuring that devices, applications, services, and systems are designed to the highest standards and remain resilient to modern threats.
You’ll have an opportunity to help with the design, development, and recommendation of security solutions, policies, standards, and procedures. This is an exciting security role in a company that specializes in secure data and communications and you can be sure that each day will bring new challenges.
What you will be doing:
- Plan and execute security assessments of SKY GLOBAL products
- Take ownership of, support, or lead the Security Incident Response process
- Assist with Digital Forensics examinations
- Participate in projects ensuring security objectives are considered
- Work with the development teams to own design and implementation of security-related components and services
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and fixing vulnerabilities
- Conduct regular reviews, internal & external scans, and vulnerability & penetration tests of IT infrastructure and applications; provide analysis and recommendations based on assessment
- Facilitate the implementation of security controls based upon best practices that fit within the IT department’s strategic priorities
- Evaluate and audit deployed technology and physical security of various environments
- Identify, recommend, and coordinate improvements and enhancements to network and system security
- Carry out security audits, security risk assessments, work with third-party auditors and assessors
- Assist with providing input on security architecture with regards to PCI, Privacy, and Cybersecurity
- Assess, document, and make recommendations on known vulnerabilities, mitigating factors and collaborate on developing corrective action plans
- Develop training materials for general security awareness and specific security technology training and outreach to staff to ensure compliance.
- Evangelize security within SKY GLOBAL and be an advocate for customer trust
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, networking, information systems, or professional experience.
- At least one security industry certification (CEH, OSCP, eJPT, CySA+, CASP+ Security+, CCNP, CHFI)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Application Security
- Web and network protocols
- Threat modeling
- Digital Forensics
- Penetration testing
- Vulnerability assessments
- Broad understanding of network security, server infrastructure, various communication protocols, operating systems, hardware platforms, virtualization, remote user management, and MDM systems.
Bonus points for:
- BlackBerry MDM experience
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people