Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Are you a network infrastructure guru with fantastic problem-solving and communication skills? SKY GLOBAL is looking a Network Administrator to join our growing IT team. You will be providing tier 2 support and participating in mission critical projects. Every day is never the same!
What you will be doing:
- Perform day to day operational activities, including server building and administration, system patching and upgrade, backup, DR replication, recovery, clusters and high-availability environments, and data center management
- Maintain internal infrastructure including firewalls, routers, switches, access points, servers, laptops, desktop computers, printers, phones, LAN, WAN and network segments
- Manage network infrastructure and implementation, including monitoring of network traffic and server optimization
- Participate in IT projects by understanding project objectives and scope, following project milestones, phases, and elements, sharing technical expertise, and providing recommendations
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Assist in the provisioning of virtual servers, including installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Provide tier 2 technical problem support resolution.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or diploma in computer science, computer technology, or related subject
- 3+ years proven experience in IT & Network administration
- Experience with installation and management of Linux Servers (Centos/Red Hat preferred) and Windows Servers 2012, 2016, 2019
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience in managing Azure and or AWS environments.
- Strong knowledge of systems and computer networks, along with familiarity with TCP/IP concepts, such as IP addressing schema, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, DNS, etc.
- Understanding and exposure to security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server, and network device hardening, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technologies related to Network Architecture, network concepts, Security, Firewalls, Communications, TCP/IP, VPN, Anti-spam, Intrusion Detection, Replication, Backup/Restore, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Must be available to participate in rotating emergency on-call support and weekend projects
Bonus points for:
- CCNA / Network+ certifications
- Security certifications (e.g., CEH, OSCP, CISSP)
- Service management certifications such as ITIL
- Palo Alto experience configuration and management
- Knowledge of DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, Git, Ansible etc.)
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people