Lead Infrastructure Administrator
Who are we?
Sky Global is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Are you an infrastructure guru who enjoys leading teams? Sky Global is looking for a Lead Infrastructure Administrator to serve as a technical expert in the areas of system and network administration for complex systems within a Windows and Linux environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be an integral part of an IT team by providing subject matter expertise, as well as people and project management.
What you will be doing:
- Provide leadership to technical teams developing and enhancing the organizations system/network infrastructure
- Advises leadership on the security, reliability, and availability by reviewing system performance and capacity; providing feedback on tuning and balancing system; reviewing system design and operational procedures; advising on asset planning
- Identifies and resolves software/hardware problems for Windows Server 2016/2019 and Linux servers (Centos)
- Expert in Azure virtual and Hyper-V (installation, migration, and maintenance)
- Develop new system/network implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Maintain and manage entire network including ISP’s, firewalls, VPN, switches, wireless access pints, DNS, cabling
- Establish methods and guidelines to configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, build/deploy servers or workstations
- Manage, train, and provide direction to System Administrators
- Ensure daily system monitoring and support – verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs
- Responsible for the development and successful implementation of various IT projects – project planning, budget preparation, status reporting, problem analysis and resolution, user operating and training documentation.
- Evaluate, support, and determine opportunities for implementation of automation
- Contribute knowledge and direction to future systems initiatives
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ years of experience with a wide variety of complex technical infrastructure including server hardware, virtualization platforms, storage solutions, and networking components.
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- In-depth experience installing, configuring, and administering Linux operating systems, specifically Centos and Ubuntu; and Windows operating systems, specifically Windows Server 2016/2019
- In-depth experience provisioning, maintaining, and supporting virtual platforms (Azure, Hyper-V)
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems, management reporting, documentation
- Experience scripting with languages such as Perl, Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Experience supporting Exchange Server, Office 365
- Experience supporting storage virtualization (RAID)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as independently in an effective manner within a complex and challenging environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Strong organization skills and initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree or diploma in related field or relevant work experience
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, LPIC or similar certifications
Bonus points for:
- Experience running and supporting a global 24×7 service or product
- CompTIA Network+ or Cisco CCNA certification would be an asset
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people