Lead Android Developer
Who are we? SKY GLOBAL is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown. What are we looking for? Are you passionate about building mobile products with clean, well-tested, secure code? SKY GLOBAL is looking for a Lead Android Developer with design experience to join our growing development team. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a product team where you can use your expertise to strategize, collaborate, and mentor junior developers. What you will be doing:
- Work on native app development/deployment for Android.
- Involved in the research & planning of new mobile apps or prototypes.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specification requirements.
- Help improve the quality and optimization of apps by employing best coding practices, performing code reviews, leveraging automated test tools to implement/execute unit & regression test plans, and continually iterate.
- Keep up-to-date with latest industry trends in mobile technologies and understand how we can use them in our apps.
- Be the technical Android SME and participate in the design and architecture conversations
- Provide mentorship to other Android developers
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related subject
- 7+ years experience of Android application development.
- Experience with leading mobile development teams.
- Strong development skills in JAVA/Kotlin for Android.
- Experience in other programming languages besides Java/Kotlin is a plus.
- Extensive working knowledge of Android Studio and related APIs.
- Must have worked on an app that has been published in the Google Play Store.
- Possess strong application architecting skills based on the latest Android architecture components.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented concepts and mobile architecture.
- Proficient in understanding the Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of native activity lifecycle of Android.
- Familiar with offline storage and such optimization techniques as thread pools and caching.
- Familiar with encryption utilizing cryptographic keys an asset.
- Knowledge of open-source Android ecosystem and available libraries.
- Familiar with cloud messaging APIs (i.e. Google Firebase Messaging) and push notifications.
- Good working knowledge of version control systems such as Git/SVN along with clients such as BitButcket or equivalent. Good understanding of how to build feature and release branches.
- Proven experience working in Scrum/Kanban with Agile teams.
- Working experience in translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Experience in conducting code reviews to ensure consistent quality, robustness, and conformance to standards and best practices.
- Experience with writing automated unit & regression tests.
- Motivated and passionate about what you do and have a high desire to constantly learn.
- Value team work and encourage collaboration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada, and on-site at our office in Vancouver
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people