Intermediate Graphic Designer
Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a software technology company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch and rebrand multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
SKY GLOBAL is looking for an Intermediate Graphic Designer, who can collaboratively work across disciplines to create design solutions that help market multiple products under the SKY GLOBAL Brand. Web designs, ad campaigns, website experiences, and brand collateral are just some of the many projects that this designer will help craft. Reporting to the Senior Creative Manager, the Intermediate Graphic Designer will have an opportunity to work directly with the marketing product managers, web programmers, and UX/UI designers.
What you will be doing:
- Support in the creative development of global campaigns across the full communications mix, including web, social, digital, and traditional ads, OOH, and social content.
- Co-collaborate on digital product design in strong consideration of UX and best practices.
- Support the execution of design and graphic collateral including photography, video, animation, podcasts, and illustration.
- Support and co-create brand elements including new logos, brand guidelines, colors, and more.
- Collaborate with the creative team to work from concept to final execution within deadlines.
- Continuously seek out opportunities to elevate digital and brand experiences for each product.
- Liaise with external freelancers and suppliers as required.
- Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Update and maintain design files and assets.
What you bring to the table:
- Degree or Diploma in Visual design, Brand Communications design, or similar with 5+ years’ proven experience.
- Experience in executing creative for all channels of communication including digital and traditional ads, web, video, photography, print collateral, and more.
- Experience in brand development including logos and collateral around new brand graphics.
- High degree of proficiency in Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), MS Office Suite & Outlook.
- A portfolio of your graphic design work you can show us
- Proven Digital design.
- Working knowledge of software such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin & WordPress plugins like Smart Slider.
- Strong visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography, and color.
- Knowledge of motion graphics and video editing an asset.
- Experience with print production, packaging, and multi-page documents.
- Acute attention to detail and a passion for creating cohesive and compelling designs.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative, and a clear communicator.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, & project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada, and on-site at our Vancouver office.
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people