Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a software technology company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications, and digital commerce. Experiencing rapid growth, we have aggressive plans to launch multiple new products and therefore looking to expand our team with new top talent for our offices downtown.
What are we looking for?
Are you someone who thrives in a role where integrity, resourcefulness, reliability, and leadership are valued? Do you have an analytical mind and the drive to achieve high expectations? If so, then the Controller position at SKY GLOBAL might be a great fit for you! You will have the opportunity to handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company.
What you will be doing:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of full-cycle accounting, including A/P, A/R, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and account reconciliations
- Manage and oversee SKY GLOBAL’s payroll and related government remittances
- Performs internal audit procedures to test internal controls and remediate where necessary
- Collaboratively assess and assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning
- Increasing the efficiency of the accounting department
- Managing and mentoring direct reports in Accounting, Payroll, and Billing departments
- Responsible for the effecting and efficient processing of A/R and A/P for all companies by reviewing data entries and performing reconciliation reports
- Prepare audit material, liaise and coordinate with the external auditor for annual audits
- Responsible for overseeing year-end transactions, tax filings, and audits while liaising with an external accounting firm
- Development and management of company budgets and forecasting
- Support managers and leadership team with ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Additional duties as required
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or Professional CPA/CA designation
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Ability and willingness to meeting business-critical deadlines
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll and tax legislation
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills paired with business acumen
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, and extensive experience working with Excel
- Professional level communication and presentation skills
- Highly detail-oriented and able to handle confidential information
- Must be legally able to work in Canada and on-site at our Vancouver office
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement, and innovation. We are not stale, outdated, and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc.)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people