Business Development Manager
Who are we?
SKY GLOBAL is a Software Technology Company that provides market-leading innovations in data security, mobile communications and digital commerce. For over 10 years, SKY GLOBAL Technology has built a solid reputation as a trusted provider of the most secure mobile communication network throughout the world and because of its success, the Company has been able to successfully build and launch other business segments and products including Moola Inc.
Moola is a digital wallet and egift card marketplace where consumers can find the best deals from an aggregated list of merchants. Based in Vancouver, BC, Moola Inc, is an organization where we operate with agility like a start-up but have the established track record in the mobile communications space to support our ambitious vision. With our aggressive plans for rapid growth, we are launching multiple new products and looking to expand our team with new top talent for our office downtown.
What are we looking for?
We are currently growing our business development and partnership team rapidly. This role is critical in building our mobile marketplace and helping to establish key partnership opportunities in our ecosystem.
If you are a highly motivated business development professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and a proven track record of building successful relationships within a technology or retail environment, this role could be a good fit. As a new Business Development Manager, you own a portfolio of businesses across a number of verticals that you will onboard as new partners.
Reporting to the Vice President of Moola, and working closely with the marketing, product and customer support teams. the ideal candidate will work seamlessly with various stakeholders in identifying impactful business opportunities and driving partnerships to execution.
To be successful in this role, you must have passion for driving results, interest in the mobile tech space specifically digital wallets, a good track record in building business relationships and the conviction to sell marketing-based solutions to merchants.
What you will be doing:
- Execute on the go-to-market strategy and merchant acquisition plan designed to build the portfolio of brands into the marketplace
- Identify, prospect and qualify leads based on specific qualification criteria
- Execute strategic merchant acquisition opportunities across a wide array industry and build a pipeline using CRM tools
- Develop sales presentations and customize according to your client research
- Negotiate deals with clients that satisfy the various promotional and marketing programs planned
- Achieve merchant acquisition targets and business goals
- Provide market feedback to internal teams in order to improve product and define marketing programs that are mutually beneficial to Moola and its client
- Identify and target market opportunities for partnership programs
- Liaise with the client and account manager to deliver all requirements for on boarding
- Review sales reports and provide recommendations on new opportunities to improve sell through
- Support account manager and marketing with executing on marketing programs
What you bring to the table:
- 3 – 4 years of working experience in B2B sales, business development, or a related field
- Knowledge of the mobile or fintech industry
- Detail oriented and numbers focused
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Creative problem solver and innovator
- Comfortable reaching out and conversing with potential merchants, business owners, and business leaders at any level
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure and quickly build consensus with senior level stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to autonomously work well and perform within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding/experience in loyalty/incentive marketing, merchant services, payment services, software, or gift cards is an asset
- Must be legally able to work in Canada, and on-site in our Vancouver office
Why work with us?
- Work-life balance– We provide consistency and promote personal growth
- Local company– Our CEO and leadership team are all in the office – we are committed to improving our business and the environment for our team members.
- Exciting Industry– We embrace technology, continuous improvement and innovation. We are not stale, outdated and stagnant. We embrace new ideas and provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and gain experience with new technology. Our team is fun, dynamic, and driven.
- Culture – We are FUN! We take breaks to play Foosball & ping pong, we hang out at lunch with each other, and we have quarterly get-together events. We are a team of smart, driven people, and we get things done in our beautiful downtown office.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health benefits (including massage, dental, etc)
- Opportunities for growth
- Company culture and events
- Mentorship and experience
- Dynamic work environment with great group of people