You will help build Android apps as part of Sky Global’s growing product portfolio. The successful candidate should be comfortable with various mobile platforms, native & hybrid technologies. The person will be involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of apps. They should be familiar with Agile utilizing Scrum methodology to manage the software development projects. Effectively work and collaborate with the design team to deliver a rich, modern, and friendly user experience.
• Contribute to the native app development for Android.
• Involved in the research & planning of new mobile apps or prototypes.
• Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specification requirements.
• Help improve the quality and optimization of apps by employing best coding practices,
performing code reviews, leveraging automated test tools to implement/execute unit & regression test plans, and continually iterate.
• Keep up-to-date with latest industry trends in mobile technologies and understand how we can exploit them in our apps.
• 3+ yrs experience of Android application development.
• Strong development skills in JAVA/Kotlin for Android.
• Extensive working knowledge of Android Studio and related APIs.
• Comprehension and experience with client/server architectures.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Object-oriented concepts and mobile architecture.
• Proficient in understanding the Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
• Strong knowledge of native activity lifecycle of Android.
• Familiar with offline storage and such optimization techniques as thread pools and caching.
• Familiar with encryption utilizing cryptographic keys an asset.
• Knowledge of open-source Android ecosystem and available libraries.
• Familiar with cloud messaging APIs (i.e. Google Firebase Messaging) and push notifications.
• Good working knowledge of version control systems such as Git/SVN along with clients such as BitButcket or equivalent. Good understanding of how to build feature and release branches.
• Proven experience working in Scrum/Kanban with Agile teams.
• Working experience in translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
• Experience in conducting code reviews to ensure consistent quality, robustness, and conformance to standards and best practices.
• Experience with writing automated unit & regression tests.
• Motivated and passionate about what you do and have a high desire to constantly learn.
• Value teamwork and encourage collaboration.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
•BS Degree in Computer Science Degree or related field.
• Vancouver BC, Canada.